Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is an upcoming superhero movie, based on Marvel Comics, and also a sequel to the previous Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1 and Vol.2, Avengers: Endgame, and more upcoming movies like Thor: Love & Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special.
It will be the thirty-third in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the tenth installment of Phase 4. The film is yet to be released as expected on May 5, 2023.
Blue Story Explanation – Everything We Know
We will talk about the upcoming movie with the introduced and exciting characters, the plot twist and other changes after phase 3 of the MCU.
- CHRIS PRATT AS STAR lord
- ZOE SALDANA AS GAMORA
- DAUVE BATISTA AS DRAX
- BRADLEY COOPER (VOICE AS ROCKET RACCOON)
- VIN DIESEL (VOICING LIKE GREAT)
- KAREN GILLIAN AS NEVEL
- POM KLEMENTIEFF AS MANTIS
- ELIZABETH DEBICKI AS AYESHA
- SEAN GUNN AS KRAGLIN OBFONTERIA
- SLYVESTER STALLONE AS STAKAR OGORD
- Caught RHAMES LIKE CHARLIE-27
- DREW BYRAN BACHELOR (TO BE A CONFIRMED CHARACTER)
Is this James Gunn Last Mcu or Guardian’s Movie?
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, James Gunn revealed that this will be the last film in this franchise. Sounds like Gunn won’t be directing or working with MCU movies?
Well, no one can say that for sure. He also said, “I’m a guy who never says never, but there are people who still come back even after saying never.”
But he has assured fans that this will be his last Guardians movie.
The filmmaker confirmed that production will begin in Georgia in November and the title was confirmed by Gunn as “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3”.
Outlander Season 5 Where can I watch this fantasy sci-fiction drama? More updates!
While the director spent two years making “The Suicide Squad” and the HBO MAX TV series “Peacemaker,” he said the script was finished years ago.
He said there are a few small things that need to be done as a finishing touch to a new design. Look what he said:-
“It’s actually been done for years. I keep playing around with different things and adding things, and figuring out permutations and stuff – I’m making a new version right now – but it’s really small things compared to what it was. It’s actually been done since three years ago”
As we see, the sequel of this movie came in 2017 and it was a huge hit because the MCU fans loved every character the way it was portrayed. As the director said the script was complete, what were the reasons it was delayed.
What went wrong? Reasons for delay of filming?
- In March 2017, James Gunn stated that they have plans for a third Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
- In April 2017, he announced that he will be returning to write and direct “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3” as it will conclude the story of the first film and help keep the characters old and new in the next ten years. and then launch. These three films will work together as one story.
- In April 2018, Chris Pratt confirmed that he will be returning in the role of Star-Lord, as Dave Bautista confirmed the following month as the role of Drax The Destroyer.
- In June 2018, Kevin Fiege stated that the director has completed his first draft and that the screenplay of the film will begin in early 2019.
- In July 2018, The Walt Disney Company had severed ties with James Gunn over Gunn’s old Twitter posts depicting the topic of rape and pedophilia.
- In that response, the cast members, including the main cast, came out in support and spoke in favor of Gunn. Production was shut down when he was fired from the company so that both “Disney” and “Marvel” would regroup.
- In March 2019, James Gunn was rehired by Disney Studios. Studio chairman Alan Horn has met Gunn several times to discuss the situation.
- Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation afterward, Horn reinstated him as the film’s director.
- According to the reports, production was expected to start in 2020.
- On July 20, 2019, at the San-Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Fiege had confirmed many projects, including Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3.
- One of the main casts, Karen Gillian, had revealed on November 29, 2019 that she had read and even finished the script.
- In November 2020, it was announced that shooting would begin at the end of 2021.
- During Disney’s Investor Day, Kevin Fiege revealed that the film would be released in 2023.
- on May 3e, 2021, it was a final revelation that it will be released on May 5, 2023.
- It was reported that production has shifted from London to Atlanta.
Who’s back in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3?
Since we’re not sure who will be back in the film, we can assure you that the main characters will be there while the other cast has been talking about the film.
We can see Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax, Karen Gillian as Nebula, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Vin Diesel as Groot and Pom Klementieff as Mantis.
But after the events of Avengers: Endgame, we’ll be able to see Zoe Saldana when Gamora returns, so we’ll see her again.
The fans know that Gamora was killed in Avengers: Infinity War, but she was introduced from the past timeline of 2014 and after Tony Stark saved the day by beating Thanos, she went missing.
Zoe Saldana has stated that she wants to explore the bad side of her in the third Guardians movie.
As the new movie “Thor: Love and Thunder” is coming, there may be a crossover of the Guardians of Thor in the third Guardians movie.
Is Drax no longer part of the Mcu?
Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer will no longer be part of the MCU after the movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3. In an interview, the former WWE wrestler had stated that after the film, “It could be the end of Drax.”
He also said the company isn’t very interested or that it doesn’t fit with the way things are mapped. As far as I know, Guardians 3 will be my last film and the end of Drax.”
There may be rumors, but Drax may be getting a solo movie in the MCU. But there is a catch. The film will be R rated as most Marvel movies to date have not had R rated outings, it could be the first MCU R rated film.
What is the movie about? Is it the end of the story?
There are specific plots about the third movie that are wrapped up for filming for now, but it will come to a conclusion that will be epic according to the story that started with the first movie “Guardians of the Galaxy”
After Avengers: Endgame, it looks like it will be about finding Gamora when she disappeared after the big fight with the Mad Titan Thanos.
He also teased that the movie will be pretty heavy in an emotional way that the fans may have to go through.
As Karen Gillian said when she read the script, there were tears because the story is brilliant, funny and emotional and all the things it takes to show in the movie.
Coming back to Ayesha, the Sovereign’s Golden High Priestess, you’ll probably remember in the mid-credits scene in GOTG 2 that she looked at the cocoon where she said the word “Adam”
That’s Adam Warlock, Marvel Comics’ cosmic superhero. They just kind of teased through the credit scenes. Gunn said he will be part of a movie that could be later.
Adam Warlock has a connection to the Infinity Stones shown in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, but he was still not introduced.
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special on Disney+.
On Disney Investor’s Day, James Gunn revealed that he will be writing and directing The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, which may be released in late 2022. This will be shown on the online platform in Disney+ that may be connected to the final film.
So, Marvel fans, you could catch up on all of these to understand the story before watching the final sequel to this great movie.
Stay Tuned with Onesumore.in for more Entertainment news.