Onesumore: ‘Lost Ollie’ Netflix Limited Series: What We Know So Far
Netflix is releasing more and more family content and one of those productions is Lost Ollie, a hybrid of live-action and animated limited series. The production team behind Lost Ollie is really what you would call a powerhouse and here’s why:
The series will be adapted by Shannon Tindle, who worked as a designer on Coraline and wrote a fantastic stop-motion film Kubo and the two strings. Lost Ollie will also be directed by Peter Ramsey, who has directed the most famous Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse acclaimed by critics and the public. CGI characters in Lost Ollie will be created by Industrial Lights & Magic, who recently worked on the hit Disney + series The Mandalorian.
Netflix Lost Ollie will be produced by Strange things producers Shawn Levy, Emily Morris and Josh Barry with 21 Laps Entertainment as well as Oscar-winning designer Brandon Oldenbrook.
This one was a long time coming. Waited for the dream team of collaborators … it’s worth the wait https://t.co/6PViXNoSqb
– Shawn Levy (@ShawnLevyDirect) March 9, 2021
What is the plot of Lost Ollie?
Netflix Lost Ollie is an adaptation of William Joyce’s 2016 book, Ollie’s Odyssey. Lost Ollie will follow a lost toy, searching the countryside for the boy who lost it and the story of the boy who lost more than a best friend.
Here is a more detailed description of the plot:
Oswald is a favorite. Of all the toys in Billy’s house, the plush bunny ranks number one: wherever Billy goes, so does Oz. But being a favorite is more than a privilege – it is also fraught with dangers. Because of Zozo. Zozo has never been a favorite. Amusement park award that was never chosen, Zozo has grown so bitter that when the amusement park closes, he seeks revenge on every toy lucky enough to be a favorite. He wants them all to become The Lost, and even better, Forgotten. When Billy accidentally leaves Oz under the table at a wedding, Oz finds himself on an unforeseen adventure, kidnapped by the infamous Zozo and his gang of creeps and faced with the momentous task of saving not only himself, but all of them. other suffocated who are “lost” too …
With a nod to Toy Story and Knuffle Bunny, but with that carefree zest for life that belongs to William Joyce and Moonbot, here’s a look at what REALLY happens to your stuffed animals when the lights are out.
Who is thrown Lost Ollie and which characters do they represent?
In March 2021, Netflix announced a long list of actors along with their character descriptions for Netflix. Lost Ollie:
- Jonathan Groff, known for his roles in Mindhunter, Hamilton and Frozen, will play Ollie, a handmade toy bunny sewn together from end to end. Ollie has a pure mind with a heart of gold and never ruins a chance to make friends. He’s been Billy’s best friend forever, until one day he finds himself in a resale store with no way to get home. Although he’s often afraid of the unknown, Ollie takes on a brave face and sets out to find Billy, encountering other toys to help him along the way.
- Oscar nominee Mary J. Blige (Umbrella Academy, Mudbound) will voice Rosy, a ragged teddy bear sewn from other toys. Rosy is a fearless warrior who is deeply passionate with an inspiring confidence. Although she is not sure of Ollie at first, she becomes an important ally when she joins them on their journey.
- Tim blake nelson (Watchmen, the ballad of Buster Scruggs) will play Zozo, a clown doll who is an old toy and an even older soul. Zozo is a true gentleman with a good sense of humor, and after meeting Ollie and hearing his story, he agrees to help Ollie on his journey.
- Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin, Carmen Sandiego) will play Momma. Billy’s mother, Sharon, is a loving woman who inspires her son’s creativity and imagination. She makes sure to cherish their time together, teaching Billy all the things he’ll need to find happiness in the future.
- Jake johnson (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Jurassic World) will play dad. Billy’s father, James, is overworked and stressed, doing his best to take care of Billy and his wife, Sharon. Sometimes that stress leads to being short with Billy, but he does everything he can to make his son a good life.
- Kesler Talbot (Deliver before Christmas) will play Billy, a young boy with a mind full of creativity. He shares a magical bond with his toy Ollie, a homemade bunny made by his beloved mother, who joins him on all of his adventures. When Ollie gets lost, Billy sets out on a mission to find him.
How many episodes will be in Lost Ollie?
It was confirmed by Deadline as the first season of Netflix Lost Ollie will have four 45-minute episodes.
What is the state of production on Lost Ollie Season 1?
Netflix Lost Ollie has already started filming on February 1, 2021 in Vancouver, Canada, and one of the locations included a school with a fake playground:
Filming … something @yvrshoots… Happening at College Park Elementary School
February 9-11. We are neighbors and have not received a notice, although the signs indicate that they are taking away all of our parking.
New signage, American flag, fake playground 100m from the real one. pic.twitter.com/a9uqarQjqk
– Scott M. (@apukwa) February 6, 2021
Showrunner Shannon Tindle also provided updates
– Shannon Tindle (@ ShannonTindle_1) March 22, 2021
Shooting for Lost Ollie is expected to end by the end of March 2021, according to Production Weekly issue 1223.
When the first season of Lost Ollie be published on Netflix?
Given the significant post-production work that will be required to bring all of the CGI characters to life, we don’t expect the series to drop on Netflix until 2022.