Onesumore: Multiple BBC Series Scheduled to Leave Netflix UK in March & April 2021
Compared to a few years ago, there is very little BBC library left on Netflix UK. Sadly, the BBC’s series list is further reduced with the multiple dramas and comedies slated to leave in March and April 2021.
Over the past two years we have seen an exodus of the BBC library on both sides of the Atlantic. In particular, since the release of BritBox in the UK, we have seen more and more BBC productions leaving the UK library.
In April 2020, we had the huge surprise to see a collection of BBC content arriving on Netflix UK, but just two months later all of the BBC’s beloved David Attenborough docuseries have left Netflix UK.
Here’s the full list of BBC titles that will be leaving Netflix at the end of March 2021:
BBC series leaves Netflix UK on March 3, 2021
BBC series and specials leaving Netflix UK on March 30, 2021
- Diana: Seven days that rocked the world (1 season)
- Extras (2 seasons)
- Fawlty Towers (2 seasons)
- Gangsta Granny (2013)
- Harry Enfield and Chums (2 seasons)
- Harry Enfield presents… (1 season)
- The Job Lot (3 seasons)
- John Bishop Live: The Rollercoaster Tour (2012)
- John Bishop: Supersonic Live at the Royal Albert Hall (2015)
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover (2015)
- The Office (UK) (2 seasons)
- Outnumbered: Christmas (2009)
- Outnumbered: Christmas (2011)
- Parade’s End (1 season)
- Rooney: the man behind the goals
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Secrets of Success (2015)
- The Thick of It (4 seasons)
BBC series and specials leaving Netflix UK on April 6, 2021
- Absolutely fabulous (6 seasons)
- Ashes to Ashes (3 seasons)
- Brexit: the uncivil war (2019)
- Charlie and Lola (2 seasons)
- Clangers (2 seasons)
- David Beckham: For the Love of the Game (2015)
- David Beckham: Into the Unknown (2014)
- Dawn French: 30 million minutes (2016)
- Dinnerladies (2 seasons)
- Doctor Foster (2 seasons)
- Duran Duran: There is Something You Need to Know (2018)
- The Last Post (1 season)
- Life on Mars (2 seasons)
- McMafia (1 season)
- Nelly & Nora (1 season)
- The Queen Mother (1 season)
- Queen Victoria and her nine children (1 season)
- Revolutions: Ideas That Changed the World (1 season)
- SS-GB (1 season)
- The Vicar of Dibley (4 seasons)
BBC series and specials leaving Netflix UK on April 10, 2021
BBC series and specials leaving Netflix UK on April 14, 2021
- Bottom (3 seasons)
- Only fools and horses (4 seasons)
Removing the above series will likely see them move to BritBox, the streaming service run by the BBC and ITV.
The existence of BritBox and the involvement of the BBC continues the long debate over the status of the TV license fee. For many UK residents, they believe that the very existence of BritBox should make TV license fees obsolete, as both are effectively paying you twice for the same content.
It should be noted that series such as Office and Fawlty towers has been scheduled to leave Netflix UK previously. But, ultimately, their respective licenses were renewed by Netflix UK.
Which BBC series are you going to be sad to see leaving Netflix UK? Let us know in the comments below!