Due to uncertainty over when and how educational institutions will reopen, several central universities and engineering schools have postponed exams to ensure the status of students who have not lost their internship in the middle of the Kovid-19 epidemic.

Due to uncertainty over when and how educational institutions will reopen, several central universities and engineering schools have postponed exams to ensure the status of students who have not lost their internship in the middle of the Kovid-19 epidemic.

India’s Top Five Central Universities and Institutes of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad Central University (HCU), IIT-Bombay, IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Kanpur will assess their final year students based on their performance. During mid-term exams and other forms of continuous assessment.

The University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Aligarh Muslim University, IIT-Delhi and Jamia Millia Islamia decided to conduct the exam through an open book test or a work online or conduct the exam on campus when it reopens.

At IIT-Delhi, final year students have the opportunity to graduate in June, take online tests, complete homework and make voice calls over the phone. The other option is to regularly graduate after the institution reopens, which may take longer.

On May 27, the faculty or senate of IIT-Kharagpur offered to conduct the end-of-semester written exam and formed a committee to suggest alternative assessment methods. The committee submitted its report. The institute’s registrar advised that students would in all likelihood be assessed through homework, viva voce and past performance.

IIT-Kanpur has announced a special grading program in which students will receive A, B, C and S grades for their performance on exams, quizzes, projects and mid-semester assignments.

IIT-Bombay was the first to drop the end of semester exam. The final mark will be based on the assessment carried out up to the mid-term exam. Teachers can decide to rate students online for a maximum weighting of 20%, provided that all students can opt in to that.

For final year students at AMU, 70% of the assessment will focus on work completed throughout the year and the remaining 30% will be based on a two hour online exam. “For students who are not in the last semester, they will average their previous semester and their sessions this year and promote them on the same basis.”

Initially, JNU had abandoned the decision to conduct online or offline exams at individual centers and schools, but later it was decided to take online exams for all students. Whether they are intermediate or final year students. However, the examination method is left to the discretion of the teachers.

Jamia’s assessment method is different for final year and intermediate students. So far, the university plans to conduct offline exams for final year students in July and grade grades for theory papers based on online homework (50%) and previous year’s grades ( 50%) of intermediate students. Is planned Practice and Viva Vice, etc. must be conducted online. If Kovid-19’s situation does not improve, Jamia said he would also accept “online homework and online practice options” for graduating students.

DU has decided to conduct an online open book exam for final year undergraduates and postgraduates starting July 1.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here