Onesumore: What’s Coming to Netflix Australia in April 2021
April is almost upon us, and with it, a slew of exciting new movies and TV series are coming to Netflix Australia. There are also plenty of exciting new originals to look forward to, with some highly anticipated shows debuting on Netflix. Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Australia in April 2021.
If you’re looking for more information on the Netflix Originals coming to Netflix in April 2021, we’ve got a running preview for the month.
Note: This is not the full list, more titles will be announced in March and April.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 1, 2021
- 47 Ronin (2013) – A band of samurai have embarked on a mission of revenge against the shogun who killed their master.
- The American (2010) – Police drama starring George Clooney.
- Augusta: Osage County (2013) – Dramatic comedy with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.
- Beethoven (1992) – Classic family comedy featuring everyone’s favorite Saint Bernard dog.
- The Boy Next Door (2015) – American thriller about a woman who separates from her unfaithful husband, but her affair with a young man next door takes a sinister turn.
- Cruise (1980) – To catch a serial killer who targets gay men, a police detective goes undercover in New York’s S&M subculture.
- Daylight (1996) – Catastrophic drama with Sylvester Stallone.
- Deliverance (1972) – A group of friends are on vacation from hell when their canoe trip through the American backcountry is targeted by dangerous locals.
- Dumb and Dumber To (2014) – Sequel to the long-awaited comedy starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
- Everest (2015) – Biographical drama.
- L’Express (2008) – Biographical sports drama based on the life of Ernie Davis, the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- First Knight (1995) – Fantastic adventure with Richard Gere and Sean Connery.
- The Green Mile (1999) – The lives of the Death Row guards are changed forever when they come into contact with the gentle giant, John Coffey, a man accused of the rape and murder of two little girls.
- Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (2009) – Heartbreaking drama with Richard Gere.
- Lego Jurassic World: Legend of Isla Nublar (Season 1) – Animated series for children in the Jurassic World franchise.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (1994) – The classic tale of Mary Shelley directed by director Kenneth Branagh.
- Prank Encounters (Season 2) NOT – Gaten Matarazzo returns for a second round of spooky pranks.
- Seven Souls in the Skull Castle (2013) – Japanese action drama.
- Seven Souls in the Skull Castle: Seasonal Flower (2013) – Japanese action drama.
- Sleepers (1996) – Police thriller with an All-Star male cast of Bacon, Hoffman, De Niro and Pitt.
- Soylent Green (1973) – Dystopian science fiction drama with Charles Heston.
- Straight out of Compton (2015) – Biographical drama about the life and careers of the legendary hip-hop group NWA.
- Flattered: the movie (2021) NOT – Indonesian romantic drama centered on a complicated love triangle between three close friends.
- The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012) – Action sequel with Dave Bautista and Ron Pearlman.
- The Swarm (1978) – Horror thriller that pits a community against a growing swarm of African killer bees.
- Train wreck (2015) – Comedy with Amy Schumer.
- The Truth About Charlie (2002) – Mystery thriller with Thandie Newton
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994) – Fantastic horror with one of Wes Craven’s most famous villains, Freddy Kreuger.
- Without a paddle (2004) Comedy of coming of age about three childhood friends who set off in search of DB Cooper’s lost bounty.
- Worn Stories (limited series) NOT – A docu-series dedicated to clothing. Created by Orange is the creator of New Black Jenji Kohan and Morgan Neville.
- Pulled (2018) – Animated adventure for children.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 2, 2021
- Bitter daisies (season 2) NOT – A Civil Guard officer uncovers the secrets of her past as she investigates the disappearance of a teenage girl.
- Concrete Cowboy (2021) NOT – Drama with Idris Elba and Stranger Things star Caleb McLaughlin.
- God Calling (2018) – Nollywood drama.
- I met a girl (2020) – Romantic dramatic road trip with Brenton Thwaites.
- Irul (2021) – Malayam-language thriller.
- Just say yes (2021) NOT – Dutch romantic comedy with Yolanthe Cabau as the bride who stays at the altar and now has to face the engagement of her selfish sister.
- Madame Claude (2021) NOT – French biographical drama about Madame Claude, the most powerful and influential brothel owner France has ever seen.
- Run (2020) NOT – Horror thriller with Sarah Paulson.
- Sky High (2020) NOT – Spanish thriller centered on a gang of petty Spanish criminals and their misadventures after the real estate crash.
- Stateless (limited series) –
- The snake (limited series) NOT – The police and dramatic coproduction with the BBC tells the story of Charles Sobhraj, murderer, thief and handsome master of disguise.
- Tale of the Nine Tails (Season 1) – Fantastic horror K-Drama.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 4, 2021
- Apollo 11 (2019) – Documentary about the landing on the first moon.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 5, 2021
- Coded Bias (2020) – In-depth documentary based on research by Joy Buolamwini, researcher at MIT Media Lab, which led to the discovery that current facial recognition technology does not accurately detect faces with darker skin.
- Family reunion (part 3) NOT – When the McKellan family move from Seattle to Georgia, they struggle to adjust to life in the South.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 7, 2021
- The big day (Collection 2) NOT – Next set of episodes of the Indian reality TV series.
- Dolly Parton: a tribute to MusiCares (2021) NOT – Musical special with famous country artist Dolly Parton.
- Fast Cash (Season 1) NOT – Swedish crime drama.
- This Is A Theft: The World’s Greatest Art Heist (Limited Series) NOT – Docuseries on a heist that occurred in the 1990s.
- Upin & Ipin (seasons) – Animated series for children.
- The Wedding Coach (Season 1) NOT – Reality TV series that sees Jamie Lee helping with wedding planning for the troubled lovebirds.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 8, 2021
- JoJo’s bizarre adventure (season 3) – Japanese animated series that follows the adventures of the Joe-star family through several generations.
- Kale’s Story: When Someone’s in Love (2020) – Indonesian romantic drama.
- The House Husband’s Path (Season 1) NOT – Japanese animated series that sees the legendary Yakuza ‘Immortal Tatsu’ retire from gang life and settle down as a housewife.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 9, 2021
- Have you seen the fireflies (2021) NOT – Turkish drama.
- Night in paradise (2021) NOT – After the death of his sister and nephew, former Korean mobster Tae-soo escapes to Jeju Island where he meets a terminally ill woman and begins an unlikely friendship.
- Thunder Force (2021) NOT – Superhero-comedy with Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 11, 2021
- Don’t be the first (new episode) – South Korean reality TV series.
- Downton Abbey (2019) – The story of the Crawley family continues as they welcome the King and Queen of England to their home.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 13, 2021
- Mighty Express (Season 3) NOT – Animated series for children.
- My Love: Six Stories of True Love (limited series) NOT – Six couples from different parts of the world share the love stories of their decades-long romances.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 14, 2021
- Daddy stop embarrassing me! (Season 1) NOT – Jamie Foxx returns to his sitcom roots as the owner of a successful cosmetics company who suddenly has to learn how to be a dad at work when his teenage daughter moves in.
- Love and Monsters (2020) NOT – Dystopian adventure comedy that sees Joel set off to find his girlfriend, but to reach her he must fight his way through 85 miles of monster-infested land.
- Soul (2021) NOT – Taiwan mystery drama.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 15, 2021
- Dark City: Under the Beat (2020) – Documentary that reinvents the Baltimore story.
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Multiple Seasons) – American reality TV series.
- Roll or Die (2021) NOT – Japanese LGBT psychological thriller.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 16, 2021
- Alpha (2018) – A young man is separated from his tribe and befriends a young wolf under similar circumstances, forever changing the future of man and wolf.
- Arlo the alligator boy (season 1) NOT – Anthirmporhic cartoon series centered on a young alligator boy and his adventures in the big city.
- Spy Racers Fast & Furious (Season 4) NOT – Animated spin-off series set in the world of the Fast & Furious movie franchise.
- Into the Rhythm (2020) NOT – German romantic musical.
- Strange Daastaans (2021) NOT – Indian romantic drama.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 18, 2021
- Abominable (2019) – DreamWorks animated adventure in which three teenagers try to bring a young yeti back to his family.
- Good Boys (2019) – R-rated comedy about three kids who drop out of school for a day, with hilarious and disastrous consequences.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 19, 2021
- Luis Miguel: The Series (Season 2) NOT – A dramatization of the life and career of Mexican superstar Luis Miguel.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 20, 2021
- Izzy’s Koala World (Season 2) NOT – Lizzy, 11, and her veterinarian mother travel across their Australian island to save exotic and beautiful wildlife.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 21, 2021
- Zero (Season 1) NOT – Italian drama superhero series.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 23, 2021
- Shadow and Bone (Season 1) NOT – Based on Leigh Bardugo’s bestselling Grishaverse novels, the fantasy drama takes place in a war-torn world, where the threat of the Shadow Fold threatens to destroy everything. When Alina Starkov’s magical powers are revealed to the world, she is sent to train and hone her magical abilities as Grisha, an elite army of magical soldiers.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 29, 2021
- Yasuke (Season 1) NOT – Animated series based on the real Yasuke, the first and only known black samurai.
What’s new on Netflix Australia on April 30, 2021
- Things Heard and Seen (2021) NOT – Horror thriller with Amanda Seyfriend and Natalia Dyer.
- The Innocent (Season 1) NOT – Spanish crime drama centered around Mateo, the man who became an accidental murderer after interceding in a fight nine years ago
What are you looking forward to watching on Netflix Australia in April 2021? Let us know in the comments below!